Contributory Parent (143/173)

Contributory Parent (143/173) Visa

If parents are aged 65 years or under, and meet the 'balance of family' test, they can lodge a Contributory Parent (Temporary) (173) visa application.

These visas involves making a non-refundable deposit to the Australian government, which may be paid in full, or split into two parts. The contributory amounts are requested once the parents have passed health and police checks. The temporary (173) visa lasts for two years, and while this visa cannot be extended or regranted, the visa holder may then apply for the permanent (143) visa.

The parents become permanent residents when the 143 visa is granted.

Talk to Us Now

818 Migrate

+61 410 288 289

Level 2, 91 William Street, Melbourne, 3000

P.O. Box 138, Collins Street West, Victoria 8007


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.