Migration Agents – 818 Migrate
- be under 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed investment will be of exceptional economic benefit to the nominating state or territory
Significant Business History stream (132A)
You, your partner, or you and your partner combined must have all of the following:
- total net assets of at least AUD400 000 as the ownership interest in one or more qualifying businesses for least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply and if the qualifying business(es) was a publicly listed company, a shareholding of at least 10 per cent of the total issued capital
- net business and personal assets of at least AUD1.5 million that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is granted
- a total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- ownership of at least:
- 51 per cent of a business with turnover of less than AUD400 000 per year
- 30 per cent of a business with turnover of more than AUD400 000 per year, or
- 10 per cent of a publicly listed company
- an overall successful business career
- no involvement in unacceptable business activities
- a genuine desire to own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream (132B)
You must have received at least AUD1 million in funding from an Australian venture capital firm.
The funding must be for the start-up, product commercialisation or business development of a promising high-value business idea.
The venture capital firm must be a member of the Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
You must have entered into a formal agreement with the venture capital firm for the funding.